Thursday, March 19, 2009

Rudolph Valentino

Rudolph Valentino

"Women are not in love with me, but with the picture of me on the screen. I am merely a canvas on which women paint their dreams."......Sigh. Isn't that the most eloquant way to explain being such sex symbol? It made me feel like a schoolgirl with a crush, sighing, when I read that. He still has that effect on me.

I love this piture of Valentino. Maybe because it reminds me of that era, when all the actors smoked to make it look glamorus, I think he succeded.


Here is Valentino's final resting place. A much more humble crypt than he deserved. I have been to the Hollywood Forever Cemetery quite a few times, and each time there have been flowers, and (my personal favorites), lipstick kisses on Valentino. I must confess that I am guilty of kissing my fingers and pressing it to his grave.Valentino's Shrine, which is actually in the hallway before his tomb, also always has flowers when I visit, and of course I usually leave one also.

No comments:

Post a Comment